Sunday, September 29, 2013

Farewell

Time goes on.  The world spins.  The kids grow.  Life happens.

I'm going to stop writing on this blog.  Being a dad is still full of revelations and wacky moments, but I don't feel so compelled to share them these days.  It's not that parenting is suddenly less interesting or fun; if anything it's much more so.  It's also more comfortable, and being comfortable is not conducive to good writing.

So thank you for reading.  God bless you.  If I post here again, I'll link to it from Facebook.  I wouldn't rule it out entirely; certainly I've failed at quitting before.  But this time I feel done.  Or at least in need of a good, long break.  I want to write other things.

I don't like ending.  We don't like endings, we humans.  So this is hard for me.  But it's the right thing, too.  See you around.  I'm going to go write a story.

5 comments:

  1. i second that thought. this always makes my day! dont go away forever....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know..its funny being I know you guys from real life but then again it has been years since I have seen you all...but anyways I wanted to tell you it is nice to read the perspective of a Husband and Father that is really involved in their lives. It is neat to hear your perspective on things and the humor of being a 35ish year old parent/grown up/husband. Your frustrations and joys have also been interesting to read about..plus your kids are awesome especially with your narration.

    Many times I have thought now that is a good guy... Thanks for sharing your stories and life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, I <3 your blog! So is Lyla going to be starting her own blog soon??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep coming back here and yet there's nothing new here gahhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete