Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Terrible twos and wonderful fours

Rowan's nemesis this evening was the slow boiling of a pot of water and then the slow cooking of pasta noodles.

"WAAAAAAAAAAH!  I WAN POT-STA!"

"It's not ready yet, Rowan.  Do you want to play with your cars while we wait for the pasta?"

"NOOOOO!  I WAN POT-STA!  WAAAAAAAAAH!"

Several hours later (in his estimation):


"No pot-sta.  I don wan pot-sta.  Daddy!  No pot-sta."

"You don't want pasta now?"

"I wan oh-dis."

"You want oranges."

"Daddy, Rowan wants oranges."

"Thank you, Lyla."

"You want oranges, little buddy?"

"Lyla--"

"OH-DIS!  WAAAAAAAAH!"

One orange later, Rowan was granted an early bedtime.

Back downstairs, we bribed Lyla with a piece of three-day-old Thomas the Train birthday cake to  pick up a Connect Four set that Rowan had dumped out on the floor.  At some point, she cracked her head on the underside of the dining room table, so I gave her a bag of frozen peas.


In that photo she's giggling because I'm calling her "pea head."

No comments:

Post a Comment