Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tongue chomper


I'm teaching Lyla how to make coffee in hopes that one day she learns to go downstairs and make coffee five minutes before I wake up.  I'll let you know if it ever works.

Julie got a call from daycare that Lyla crashed into a toy shelf and bit her tongue.  Her mouth filled with blood and she "really freaked out."  I went and got her, expecting her to need a doctor visit and eventual tongue transplant, but she bounded over cheerfully, told me of her plight, and informed me that once home she would require a popsicle, preferably a purple one.

"A grape one?"

"No, a pupple one."

More accurate, technically.

Back home, I failed to convince Lyla and Rowan to smile for a photo.


I think "synchronized pouting" should be added to the 2014 Winter Olympics.

Notice Lyla's purple popsicle.  And there on the green plate are the remains of Rowan's orange popsicle.  (Try telling a two-year-old that his sister bit off her tongue and gets a popsicle, but he doesn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment