Sunday, July 14, 2013

Rough girl

Camping highlights...

Before roughing it, we smoothed it at Original Pancake House.


After setting up camp, we headed to the visitor center where Bruce the Bug Guy (seriously) was showing kids a tarantula (or non-venomous tarantula-alternative...we came late).  Lyla didn't want to hold it, so I took one for the team.


Back at the campsite, here's the hand washing unit my dad built. 


Little holes in a sand pail, hang it from a tree.  Soap on a rope.  Another pail of water with a ladle to transfer it.  Mirror also tied to the tree to remind you how good you look.  Towel draped on a branch.  Genius.

Speaking of looking good:





Lyla ate two s'mores and then told me it was bedtime.

This morning:


Still very excited about her glow stick. 

Got her home, and she's covered with mosquito bites.  I had her Deeted up good, too, so not sure what happened.  She doesn't care, though, because she's bad-ass.  Even if she wouldn't hold the tarantula.

3 comments:

  1. Wild River State Park, about 15 miles east of North Branch. Not sure I'd go back there due to bugs, lack of swimming, and signs on the road that say "Please brake for snakes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we went there once growing up. We had a pop-up camper (which we LOVED) so bugs & snakes were less of an issue. I do remember that fast-moving river!

    ReplyDelete