Friday, February 1, 2013

Stella!

During an apple picnic with her napping baby, Lyla smiled so hard her face exploded.


Then at dinner, the children decided to take a break from eating and roar at their mother.


Earlier this afternoon, Lyla started singing in the car: "I like to move it, move it.  I like to move it, move it.  I like to...move it!"  Luckily, being strapped in the car seat prevented a corresponding dance.

Rowan joined in: "I nike to moodit!  I nike to moodit!  I nike to moodit!  Ha ha ha ha ha!"

At some point they transitioned to screaming "Stella!" over and over, which they've been doing off and on for months.  I like to think it's because they somehow got exposed to A Streetcar Named Desire, but I suspect it's from Julie and me discussing beer served in chalices.  Still, I don't recall ever screaming "Stella!"  Here's how it probably went down:

Lyla at daycare: My mommy and daddy like to drink Stella.

Teacher at daycare: You should go home and yell "Stella!"

Lyla: Why?

Teacher: Because it would be funny.

Lyla: Why?

Teacher: Just do it.

Lyla: No.

Teacher: Come on.

Lyla: No.

Teacher: Okay, I'll give you one half-melted brown M&M with pocket lint stuck to it.

Lyla: Stella!  STELLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment