Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dudes


He copied my wardrobe.

This afternoon, Julie and Lyla headed out to have girl time, so Rowan and I did dude things.





A remarkably clear action photo, no?  Of course, due to the muggy weather, he was sliding about one inch per second.

We were at the Hyland Play Area in Bloomington, commonly called Chutes and Ladders, and after dabbling for a bit on the smaller playground, Rowan ran me ragged all over the park for the next hour.




On the giant slides, I sent Rowan down first and then followed, ready to slow myself with my foot should I happen to come up behind him.  The slides were all painfully slow, remember, and plus I read somewhere that a ridiculous number of toddler broken bones come from riding on a parent's lap down a slide.  You think the leg is tucked in, but then it snags on the slide's edge, and--man, I'm cringing just thinking about it.

So Rowan had the time of his life and felt like a hardcore bad-ass on those slides, though he might be in for an ego-check the next time it's dry out and he zooms down one at proper speed. 

Anyway, then we went out for pizza.


Proving once again that he has no attention deficits, at least with pizza, he spent 40 sustained and highly methodical minutes dispatching two slices.  "Is dat da bay-ka?" he would say each time he saw a waiter or waitress.

"No, buddy.  That's the waiter, not the baker."  I think he wanted to express his compliments.

No comments:

Post a Comment