Friday, May 17, 2013

Faceless

I didn't take any pictures, so there's no photographic evidence of the kids' existence today.  That's kind of a big step for me, as the narcissism-by-proxy stretches back to their births.

There's an article in Time I've been meaning to read about the Millennial Generation and how they're the most photographed generation in history, and it's not even close.  You take an average kid today, and there are more photos of them than any celebrity/world leader/athlete/etc. from any previous generation.

I don't think the article is all so scary and negative, though.  The entitlement of this generation (thanks to coddling, Gen-X parents like me) will ultimately lead to crazy innovation and overall good things.  We'll see.  For now, I hope Lyla and Rowan will someday forgive me for not putting their images on the internet on May 17, 2013.  Maybe I'll make it a yearly tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment