Thursday, June 27, 2013

Balancing


Another climbing confidence domino fell today.  That's Rowan in the yellow shirt.


Here he is running into his sister.

I suppose I should've been following them around way up there, helicopter blades a-spinning.  But it seems like so many people from my generation are nostalgic for the past, when they played outside unsupervised until dark, sat in the front seat of the car at age four, and never ever used hand sanitizer.  I see that point of view, but I'd also love to build my kids a tower that'll protect them from everything.  Trouble is, I'm effectively teaching them to climb out of it.

Really, it's a million little parenting decisions, trying to help the kids balance between confidence and independence, and broken limbs.  So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment