Sunday, June 30, 2013

Burly Burley Man

I got Julie a bike about two months ago, thinking it would be her thing.  Then I got so jealous that yesterday I got myself a bike, too.  We also got a Burley (drag-kids-behind-your-bike) off Craigslist, but it turns out that due to my bike's disc brakes, the Burley only hooks onto Julie's bike.  I've ordered an adapter off Amazon.

Here are the kids at the park after Julie dragged them there and I pedaled effeminately behind her, dragging nothing.


It's probably good I didn't have to drag the kids.  I hadn't ridden a bike in like 18 years, so that part of the ass where the bike seat goes (you know that part?) feels like it's in the midst of boot camp or something.  Like ass boot camp.  Like involving an actual boot.

I tried on some padded bike shorts, but it was a no go.  They weren't the indecent spandex kind but basically were like cargo shorts with a giant diaper/maxi-pad within.  Made me look like a dude on a first-name basis with his urologist.

So anyway, I'm fighting through the pain like the pillar of masculinity I am.  Speaking of which:


Freezing water felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment