Monday, April 15, 2013

Blissful ignorance

I want Lyla and Rowan to be at least in their mid-teens before they ever learn that terrible things sometimes happen in the world.  Chances are they'll experience the death of a dog before then, but that's explainable under the whole "all dogs go to heaven" premise.  But something like the Boston Marathon?  What do you say about something like that?

I found myself changing the radio station a lot on the way home from daycare.  Lyla would ask questions if she heard something, and parents are supposed to answer kids' questions honestly.  Best to prevent the questions.  Maybe all evil in the world will be eradicated by the time the kids are old enough to need to know about it.  "Yes, Lyla, I suppose stuff like that used to happen."

Hey, I can hope.

In other news, sharing is all well and good, but sometimes it's better to just have two Candy Land sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment