Saturday, April 13, 2013

Heaven

"Daddy, I don't want to die when I'm one hundred."

Great.  Just when Julie leaves town for four days.

"Um, well, when you die, then you'll go up to heaven to live with Jesus."

"Why is Jesus there?"

"Uh, he died so you can go there.  And, like, everyone else, too.  Hey, do you want to--"

"But I won't get to see my friends there."

"Sure you will.  Your friends will be there, too."

"Will George Washington be there?"

Yes, Lyla.  He was the first president of heaven.

"Uh, he's there, but you don't have to see him."

"Because I don't love him."

"That's right.  If you don't love George Washington, then you don't have to see him in heaven."

After all that heaven talk, I took the kids to Choo Choo Bob's.  Or, as Rowan thinks of it, heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment