Friday, April 19, 2013

Sweet granny indulgences


Julie and I are flying to Chicago; we'll get back on Monday. I set up a highly technical function allowing me to post via textual message, so I'm currently sitting at the gate and thumbing this out on my iTelephone.

The children are with Auntie Jen and are awaiting the arrival of Grandma Jackie, who will spend the weekend cheerfully undoing months and months of parental strictness. Next week we'll reteach the kids that they're not allowed to do anything fun.

My 90-year-old great uncle died, hence the trip. If you've ever used a heart monitor or known someone who benefitted from one, it's because this guy invented it. It was during a time when it was unfashionable to submit every little thing to the patent office, which is why we're not all billionaires. Probably best that way, for otherwise our kids would be incredibly spoiled, and Grandma Jackie would have to take her sweet granny indulgences to a whole new level.

No comments:

Post a Comment