Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Showoff

I took Rowan to his two-year checkup this morning, but first we hit up the Original Pancake House for some "Pan-tates, Daddy!  I wan pan-tates!  I wan edds!  I don wan pan-tates.  I don wan edds."

"Do you or do you not want pancakes and eggs?"

"No."

"You don't want pancakes and eggs?"

"Yeah."

"You do?"

"No."

"Do you want pancakes and eggs?"

"Yeah!"

"Yeah?"

"No.  I wan pan-tates.  An edds!"

"Got it."

"Dot it!"

Spoiler alert: Eggs and pancakes perished.

 

Then at the appointment in front of the waiting room's turtle tank:

"Look at those turtles, buddy."

"Yeah.  Tutto eateen."

"What's he eating?"

"Foot snats!"

"The turtle is eating fruit snacks?"

"Yeah!  Didding a ho."

"And he's digging a hole.  For his fruit snacks?"

Big smile, the toddler appreciation for all that is silly.  "Noooooo."

So in the exam room, the doctor said most young two-year-olds are ready to begin putting two words together into a sentence, at which point Rowan said, "Daddy, I wan see da tuttos."  

What a showoff.  Not that I'm one to talk.

1 comment: