Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dinner bites

"Daddy, I need to go get my Diego book."

"Lyla, we're eating dinner.  You can wait until we're done eating."

"Well, I'm all done."

"You're all done?  You've eaten three bites."

"My tummy doesn't have any more spots."

"If you're done, then that's all the food you'll get tonight.  Are you sure you're done?"

"Yes."

"I don't want to hear any crying later about you being hungry."

"I won't."

"What happens if you do?"

"Then I will go to bed."

"Very well."

She leaped away from the table.  Rowan remained.


"I not toe-stee."

"You're not thirsty?"

"Yeah.  I don nike appos."

"You don't like apples?  Yes, you do."

"Appos too picy."

"Apples are not spicy."

"Appos too tunsy."

"Too crunchy?  You may have a point."

"Yeah.  I wan Lyla's pot."

"Huh?"

"I wan sit dat pot."

"You want Lyla's spot?  Okay, move over."


He pointed to his chest.  "Dis my body."

"That's your body?"

He pointed to me.  "Dat's Daddy's body."

"Did you talk about bodies today at school?"

"Yeah.  I don see Audis."

"You didn't see August at school?"

"Yeah.  I see wha Lyla's doing."

"You're going to see what Lyla's doing?  Are you all done eating?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"I eat mo gill seez."

"More grilled cheese?  Smart choice."

1 comment: