Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Donut ho

Lyla extended her bedtime by peacefully listening to a book on CD in the other room.

"Daddy!  Everybody is mad at Amelia Bedelia."

"Why?"

"Because she does everything wrong."

Pretty apt summary, actually.

Meanwhile, Rowan's behavior earned him an early bedtime.


And earlier than that, when I returned home with groceries and the kids, both of them acted like lunatic wildebeests.

"Daddy, MY KNEE HURTS!  WAAAAAAAAAAH!"  Her knee did not hurt.

"Mommy, TUNIP NICKED ME!  WAAAAAAAH!"  Tulip was nowhere near him.

The carrying on continued.

"Hey," I said in the general direction of the shrieking wildebeests.  "HEY!"  They paused and looked up at me.  "I don't want to hear any arguing whatsoever with what I am about to say.  Do you understand?  Lyla, listen carefully.  Rowan, listen carefully.  I'm not going to say this again.  Each of you is going to eat one donut hole right now."

A beat, then:

"Yaaaaay!"

"Yaaaaay, Daddy!"

Julie just gave me a look.  "You too, Mommy," I said.

"No thank you," she replied sniffily.

"I ha Mommy donut ho?"

"Nice try, Rowan."

No comments:

Post a Comment