Sunday, February 3, 2013

Infernal racket


"Lyla, turn that music down."  Every teenager swears they'll never become their parents.  Then it happens.  "Lyla!"

"Daddy, I need to hear it."

"Then go sit in the room where it's playing, and turn it down."

"But I'm sitting in THIS room, and the music is in THAT room."

"Indeed.  What is the name of this infernal racket, anyway?"

"Whynoceros Tap."

"Rhinoceros Tap."

"Yeah."

It is perhaps the worst song ever recorded, at least on par with Rowan's "Baby Rap" singing birthday card, which contains the following lyric: "Everybody [What?] everybody in the crib!  Everybody [What?] everybody wear a bib!" 

 "Lyla, can't you listen to Led Zeppelin or something?"

"No."

"I'll give you 19 pennies if you turn it off."

"Well, I'll just finish listening to it."

"How about 2,000 pennies?"

"Mm."

I can't win.  But at least she doesn't have Bieber fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment