Saturday, February 2, 2013

E. Coli Land

Instead of napping, Lyla spread out a blanket on her floor and lined the entire perimeter with books.  "Come and see, Daddy," she said when I got home from Target.  "I didn't sleep because I had to decorate."  As she said it, she nodded at me and furrowed her brow slightly to reassure me that room decorating was a totally reasonable substitute for napping.

"What is it?" I asked when I saw it.

"It's my TV."

"That's a big TV."

"Yeah.  I watched Rapunzel on it."  More nodding and brow furrowing.

So with a no-nap (and possibly delusional) Lyla and a no-longer-sick Rowan, we had some wound-up, feral creatures this afternoon.  We took them to the Eden Prairie mall's giant play structure, which is always teeming with approximately 5,000 kids.  My name for it is E. Coli Land.





"See, Julie?  This is why we need to buy a jet-ski."

"No, this is why we need to buy hand sanitizer."

1 comment:

  1. I always wondered, who were these parents that brought their kids to play at a mall....seemed crazy to me. I now understand this strange idea better....sorta like a dog park for kids...inside. :) haha...can you tell I have a dog instead of kids? :) Plus I understand it a little better as my friends with kids also use this as a great way to tire their kiddos out in the middle of winter.

    ReplyDelete