Monday, February 25, 2013

Cook it


Rowan thinks if he gets out a plate and sits down, the food will magically and immediately appear.  When I tell him the water isn't even boiling yet, he loses his mind.

In other news:

"Lyla, how was your day?"

"Well, when one friend pushes another friend, then that friend pushes another friend."

"Like toddler dominoes?"

"What?"

"Never mind.  Did someone push you?"

"Someone pushed Lucy, and then Lucy pushed me."

"How did that make you feel?"

"Sad."

"Did you have music class?"

"Yes."

"What did you learn?"

"We don't learn anything in music class.  We just sing songs."

I bet some of my students think the same way.  "We don't learn anything in English class.  We just read books and write papers."  Plus, I think they think if they sit there long enough, tweeting or whatever, the paper will magically appear, or the book will read itself. 

"Daddy, I hundy."

"Gotta cook it, buddy.  It doesn't happen by itself."

2 comments:

  1. I might not have known what exactly we were learning at the time... But I am grateful for all the things I didn't realize I was learning now that I'm in college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 14 mo old does the same thing... except when the food is finally presented to him... he doesn't actually want to eat any of it. I'M STARVING!! I'M STARVING!! ALSKDJFLKAJDFALDKFJ! (30 minutes later) I don't want any of this, are you crazy?

    ReplyDelete