Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cool shoes


Lyla's new shoes light up when she walks, which should be illegal.  I urged her to choose the more sensible non-electric option, but she defied me.  They were the same price and brand, but still: I thought I had a couple more years before she scoffed at my wardrobe wishes.  I took it out on Rowan.  "You're getting these ones, buddy, and that's final."

"Yeah!"

Such power.

I remember when my mom bought me a pair of Velcro shoes and the same exact pair one size up.  Just as I outgrew the first pair, it became extremely unfashionable to wear Velcro shoes.  Of course then my foot size plateaued for an eternity and I imagined I would become a non-shoelace-wearing social pariah, alone at recess, eating my hair.  I'm glad Lyla picked the cool shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment