Friday, March 29, 2013

Not a baby


I was trying to get him to put his pajamas on himself, but to no avail.  I think he'll be getting dressing assistance into early adolescence.  In the morning, it's "Rowan, put your shoes on."

"No!  I'na baby."

"You're not a baby."

Then Lyla chimes in, sounding like she's talking to a five-pound labradoodle: "Oh my little buddy, Mr. Buddy man."

Tonight at bedtime he asked for binkies, and I reminded him that he sent them all away.  Then I asked if he wanted water.

"No."

"Okay, well good--"

"I wan wa-da!"

Every time, the no and then the yes.  I'm half tempted to get him out of that crib and into a toddler bed.  Give him a little chair with a sippy cup on it.  Not a baby now, sir.  Your move.

But why would I rush?  Why does any parent rush anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment