Thursday, March 28, 2013

Recovering binkaholic

The newly binkiless Rowan fussed off and on for a couple hours last night.  Julie and I entered his room several times and capitulated to his various requests:

"Wa-dah!"

"Gulp it down, dude."

"I don wan ma bay-uh."

"Let's put your bear on the floor."

"I wan ma bay-uh!"

"Here he is."

"I wan Pussy."  That's how he says "Percy," Thomas the Train's green friend.

"Here's Percy."

"I don wan Pussy!"

"You don't say."

"I wan a hud."

"Let's hug, then.  [Hug.]  Now lie down."

"Oh tay."

Eventually we told him we weren't going to come in again because we were going to bed.  He'd have to figure it out himself, like a big boy, etc.  And he slept the rest of the night like a champ.

This morning he discovered the "mailman" brought him some presents in appreciation for his binky donation.


The glue stick ruined his breakfast.  Pounding that thing on the paper, he was too excited to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment