Friday, March 1, 2013

Toddler talk

Just before Rowan's bedtime:


Earlier, walking out of daycare:

"I don't WANT to leave."

"Daddy, I nike nions!"

"I don't WANT to leave."

"Daddy, I nike nions!"
 
"You like lions, Rowan?"

"Woooooah!"

"I don't WANT to leave!"

"That's a very intimidating roar, Rowan.  Lyla, are you angry about something?"

"I don't want to leave."

"Oh, you don't want to leave?"

"I nike nions!"

"You like--"

"I don't WANT to leave, Daddy."

"Woooooah!"

Then in the car:

"Daddy, what are we having for dinner?"

"Something delicious."

"Well, I don't want any vegetables.  I don't like them."

"It's always important to try vegetables.  I didn't like peas until I tried them 100 times, but now I love them."

"A long, long time ago when I was two, I tried peas, and I still don't like them."

"Daddy, I nike nions!  Woooooah!"

"Daddy, I see my name!"

"You see your name?"

"It says Lyla!"

"What says Lyla?"

"This."

"This what?"

"This."

"Lyla, I'm driving the car.  I don't see what 'this' is.  Describe the thing that is 'this.'"

"What?"

"What are you looking at that says your name?"

"A rectangle."

"A rectangle.  Made of paper?"

"Yes."

"Thank you for the clarification."

"Daddy, I do not want vegetables."

"I nike nions!"

No comments:

Post a Comment