Friday, March 22, 2013

Meal out

We took the kids out to eat this evening.  "Can I have my own menu?" said Lyla to the hostess immediately upon our arrival.  Here they are preparing to devour bread.


This next photo perfectly captures their respective moods.


Rowan held his own just barely.  He didn't like his grilled cheese sandwich, insisted a dinner of cookies made more sense, and so I briefly removed him from the table for a man-to-man.

"You need to eat your sandwich, dude."

"No."

"If you eat your sandwich, then you get a cookie."

"I wan tuh-tee."

"Eat one of your sandwiches first."

"No."

Time for a bluff.  "Should we just go home, then?  Leave Mommy and Lyla here?"

"Yeah!"

Shit.

We returned to the table, and he sat on my lap and ate my risotto.

No comments:

Post a Comment