Saturday, August 10, 2013

Liar clock fail

At the Dunes this year we're all staying at the hotel.  Last year was too tough getting Rowan to stay asleep in the cabin while people talked, watched the Olympics, etc.  Not that it was their fault: "Okay, everyone.  It's 8:00, so no making any noise of any kind."  Plus then it was impossible to keep Rowan quiet in the morning while everyone else slept.  Meanwhile, Julie and Lyla at the hotel snoozed like snails, and I developed rabid streaks of jealousy.

Anyway, this year we got two rooms at the hotel, one for Julie and Rowan and one for Lyla and me.  It's a pretty cheap hotel, and we want to end this week still speaking to one another.  So far, so good.  I threw down the gauntlet on Julie and challenged her to a series of hotel room challenges, most of which I'm making up as we go.

Getting Lyla to sleep before Julie got Rowan to sleep: 1 point for me.

Organizing Lyla's clothes in the dresser while Julie did God-knows-what with Rowan's clothes: another point for me.

So far, I'm winning 2-0.  Whoever's kid wakes up second tomorrow earns a point.  I'm utilizing liar clock over here, so I have a shot.

Update:


See the liar clock on the left?  It failed.  Really it was 7:00, but seeing as how it's now 7:48 and I haven't heard anything from Julie, I think she won today's morning sleep-in point.  Lyla and I have already been down to breakfast and back.


Love the decor.  You could vomit anywhere, and it would just blend right in.

So now we're back in our room and Lyla's watching TV and getting upset every time a commercial comes on.  I've been trying to explain to her that that's how TV is, that at home we watch Netflix Instant Streaming, which doesn't have commercials.  She's also mad because she thinks the exact show she wants to watch should be on.  I wish she'd settle down so I could two-fist these styrofoam cups of coffee in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment