Sunday, August 4, 2013

San Diego

I'm in San Diego at an education thing and puttering out this post on my phone because I don't want to pay for wifi. This is quite a luxurious hotel; my favorite is the giant mirror on the wall that offers the illusion of a twice-as-large room. There are a bunch of restaurants on site, so when my roommate and I arrived at our dinner location early, sat down at the bar, ordered drinks and learned that the kitchen actually closed in 10 minutes, they let me carry out my scotch in a plastic cup to our new dining location. Classy.

From what I understand, the kids did not nap today at all. We had a barbecue for a bunch of Julie's colleagues and their families. By the time it ended, the kids had missed their napping sweet spot, so Julie decided to keep them up. Considering I was leaving for the airport in 45 minutes, I supported the decision wholeheartedly. Later, she texted me photos that showed the kids in various happy poses. In one there was a slide and a lot of static electricity in Lyla's hair. So I think everything is somehow functioning without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment