Monday, August 19, 2013

Milkshake


Took the kids to Snuffy's Malt Shop after Choo Choo Bob's.  All I wanted was a milkshake, but I wasn't about to destroy the kids' appetites by mentioning it.  I figured, if they eat a mildly respectable percentage of their food, we'll get dessert.  Then they stopped eating.  I was like, "EAT!" and they were like:


So it never happened.  No shake.  Damn kids.

Here are a few random pics from the Dunes:




That's supposed to be a fish.  Julie wouldn't let Lyla near it.



My uncle Jim coming back from sailing with Rowan.  They found a half-deflated birthday balloon floating in the water, which Rowan thought was a message from God.


Bury Rowan in the sand, and nature becomes your babysitter for an hour.





That's the bottom flight of stairs to get up to the cabin.  I always mean to count the stairs, but then my brain starts wheezing halfway up.


With Rowan in the kayak.  Badass farmer tan.


Hucking a ball.  In another post I'll explain how excited I am that the boy appears to be right-handed.



Tomorrow's a daycare day.  I'm headed to my classroom to assess the damage after new carpeting was put in.  I didn't exactly pack my room up according to the custodians' specifications, so I'm expecting everything is either cycloned all over the room or gone entirely.  And at some point tomorrow, I'm getting a milkshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment