Saturday, August 3, 2013

Model morning


We'll see if he wake up and cries.  If I woke up and found myself like that, I would at least swear a few times.  The toddler equivalent of that is calling for Mommy, isn't it?  It's like night #3 in the bed, so if he wakes up all crammed and folded like that, he might not even know where the hell he is.

This morning was perfect, though.  I wish I could clone it and create an army of future mornings in its likeness.  I snarfled awake at 7:55 and found Lyla in the hallway, just hanging out, waiting for us.  Don't know how long she'd been there.  "Ha, Da Da!" she said.  Her first morning utterances are always happy and babylike.

"Rowan's singing the ABCs in his room" was the second thing she said to me, and indeed he was.  The newness of his bed has, this week at least, led to him waking up in the morning or from nap and not immediately shrieking for assistance.  That'll wear off, certainly, but for now he apparently sees the freedom of being able to get out of bed and concludes, I think I'll stay in bed.  His diaper completely failed in its only charge, but when the kids let you sleep until nearly 8:00, you don't quibble about little things like your son marinating in his own urine.

Tomorrow I'm going to San Diego for three days for an education conference, and then we leave for the Dunes a day after I get back.  Not sure how much blogging will get done, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment